Sunday, June 8, 2014

the eternal return

Out of this moment everything rises ... and falls, appears ... and disappears. We weave reality out of this. Since we are often ignore-ant, we may not see what appears for a long long time. Since we are often clinging and attaching, we may not see that what is gone is gone.

With these favored habits of ignore-ance and attachment, we live in exile. We become stuporous clods in an ever-bubbling spring. Exile.

Out of this moment everything arises and falls. Within this moment all arises and falls. I am this arising and falling. I am this appearing and disappearing. I am this. Home.

I split myself in two. I experience longing and despair, hope, confusion, anger, reconciliation. I am this rising and falling, this seamless appearing and disappearing while living in splitness. I am at home while exiled, while exiling myself into splitness. Exiled at home.

With prayer, with centering and opening, with grace, I live as the eternal rising and falling. All is rising and falling. No remainder. Home.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Home! This resonates so wonderfully for me! Ahhhhh... Blessings, traveling companion.

    ReplyDelete