Monday, April 28, 2014

Mission

"If thou go down into Egypt, and bring back thence the one pearl which is there (in the midst of the sea) girt about by the devouring serpent thou shalt put on again the garment set with gems, and that robe which is thereon and become with thy brother that is next unto us an heir in our kingdom."

Great adventure! I am excited. I have a mission, a purpose. Only later will I understand what "down" means. At this moment I see only that it is a direction. I do not realize that it is also a state of being. How could I? I have never been "down" before. I did not realize that my current state of complete nurturance was a continuous state of "up."

Egypt? Some strange land which contained a pearl guarded by a serpent. Devouring? What did the serpent eat?

All I had to do was get the pearl and come back. Piece of cake! After all my brother had done it. I would prove myself. Then I would get a hero's welcome and take my rightful place as an heir in the kingdom.

I did not know what I was getting into.

No comments:

Post a Comment