Saturday, May 3, 2014

love leading and drawing onward

For at times the royal garment of silk shone before mine eyes, and with love leading me and drawing me onward. But I remembered not the brightness of it; for I was yet a child and very young when I had left it in the palace of my Father, but suddenly, I saw the garment made like unto me as it had been in a mirror. And I saw it wholly in myself and I knew and saw myself through it, that we were divided asunder, being of one; and again were one in one shape.

The exile is over. Now clothed in love and light, he is headed home. What is the pearl s/he (gender is irrelevant here) is bringing home? His own soul enlivened, made new, taken from the torpor and inertia of an unawakened life. Before the journey, he did not know who he was. He was a babe in the cosmic womb. He needed a fall. He needed to go down to know what up truly was. Down and up: spiritual isometrics. A necessary workout for spiritual muscle. This was arranged for him. It is arranged for everyone. We must walk the path. Walking is controlled falling. Keeping balance while on the move. Love leading and drawing onward. Exile and return.

No comments:

Post a Comment