Monday, May 12, 2014

solutio (water)

An essential phase in the alchemical process of transforming lead into gold is termed solutio. We cannot go out of the leaden self we have created for ourselves unless we return to home base.

Solutio (solution) is spoken of as a drowning, a dissolving of the separative Frankensteinian creature we have put together, with a little help from friends and family. If we wish to transform, we have to dissolve what we have made of ourselves in the flux, the flow of the ongoing.

Attachment to who we think we are is released. We no longer cling to this toothpick hoping it will keep us afloat in the mighty ocean of being and becoming.

But it is my salvation, we cry! And it is not a toothpick, it is my life raft. I have fixed it up so nicely. I want it to continue forever. I even have a nice insurance policy saying that when my body drops, my life raft will continue and I will keep it afloat in calmer, more heavenly realms.

Cling, cling, cling goes the folly. The dictation of terms to life creates a hell.

To cling is to become a failed alchemical experiment. Nothing of value is produced. No gold.

Bruce Lee had it right: “Be like water, my friend.” The solution is the solution.

2 comments:

  1. Cling, cling, cling goes the folly… :) solution=dissolution=solution

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my heart, I have known this to be true for most of my life. My letting go seems to be followed by a return to clinging at some point, without even realizing that is what I have done. I am grateful for this memory. Thank you. Letting go again, my friend...into the solution...

    ReplyDelete